Re-slinging Cams

dan_e

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was recently going through my meager camming unit inventory to decide what sizes I need more of, when I realized two of the cams that I own have slings that should be replaced. Of course like any other nylon product, sunlight, abrasion, and age have helped wear these slings enough to make me wonder about their strength. So my question is, who can do custom bartacking around here? I was told Rainy Pass Repair does, but after calling them, I am not sure if they would be a good choice and besides they only have black webbing. I don't want to have to send them back to the manufacturer to have this done. It was so easy back east, I knew of a couple of places that did this, so I would be surprised to learn that know one can do it here.

Depends on what type of cams you've got, but there are some alternatives to slings. If I've got old style camalots, hb's, or metolious cams, I cut the sling off and clip to 'em with a biner. This way they don't hang so low, and I can clip a draw or a runner to them if I need to. If you've got old style Friends, tie them off through the lightening holes above the trigger. This allows better horizontal placements, and you can replace the spectra yourself. Just some thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...