Fat skis

letsroll

Just for kicks (right now) I am looking at a fat pair of skis. Right now I am riding the Atomic TMX 191 long, and Volkl Gotama 190 long 06. Was looking at the Volkl Sumo. The Sumo comes in 175 and 190 lengths. I am 6'6 and 200 lbs. I love my Gotama's but would a shorter length of the sumo float better than my 190 Gotama's? Or would I need to go with the 190 sumo's? Yes this will be a back country set-up. Only way to go!! What are other good FAT ski choices out there?

Edited by letsroll

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I skied down Helens with a guy on the BIG daddies and was amazed and how they punched through the ice. My skis kind of skated across and the big daddies cut into the ice like a chainsaw. The dude was laying down some pretty good sized arcs and going fast as hell. So if that's your style :rawk:

My ski-in-all conditions fat boards are K2 Mt. Bakers, 181cm, 88mm waist. I'm 6'1", 185lbs, and these do it all for me. They want to carve big turns, but I can make them turn short if need be. I don't think I'll go bigger until I start Heli-skiing.