Looking for OLD gear

carolyn

Of course Im not aging YOU if you happen to have any of the older gear I am looking for! :)

Looking to find:

*snargs/pound-in ice screws

*Ice boots from the 1970/early 80's (size 11 and another unknown size as of right now)

*older straight shaft ice tools/hammer

*Footfangs (2 prs)

*Old helmets that are retired - the older the better (2)

*Raggety old backpacks (2)

*Very outdated outerware for mountaineering

If you have any of these and are interested in selling or have suggestions as to where I might find these items let me know.

Thanks!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im doing some teaching and consultation for a production of K2. The play is dated in the 70's. I meet with the set and costume designer tomorrow, so they may have some leads. My guess is Im meeting with them because they dont really have any idea how to get ahold of this stuff. The more realistic the better, though we can probably get away with some modern equipment. Pound ins and tools are most important in my eyes,according to the screenplay.

I will keep you posted if the above items you have offered are wanted. They will obviously pay for the gear and shipping.

dammit. i just threw out a pair of one-sport everest boots. somewheres i got footfangs. or used to. i do have some other old forrest mollinar (sp?) hammers with ice picks --including a tube pick. used to belong to mugs stump. got a mixed pair of charlet moser tools used to belong to nil bohigas. how much?

Hey thanks!

No, not the movie.

Its the play,which the movie was based off of - though changed to the point of not having any relationship to the play.

Anyway, post photos of anything you have that I listed above or you think we might be able to use. You can do it on this thread or PM me with it. Im gathering what I can off ebay and a few other websites and will likely present them to the director in the next week or so. Name your price when you send the photo.

Hope Im able to take some of this stuff out of your hands and maybe put some bucks in your pocket.