Idiots

Seahawks

GPS devices lead to suspects' home

LINDENHURST, N.Y. (AP) -- Three thieves who allegedly stole 14 global positioning system devices didn't get away with their crime for long. The devices led police right to their home.

Town officials said the thieves didn't even know what they had: they thought the GPS devices were cell phones, which they planned to sell.

According to Suffolk County police, the GPS devices were stolen Monday night from the Town of Babylon Public Works garage in Lindenhurst. The town immediately tapped its GPS system, and it showed that one of the devices was inside a house. Police said that when they arrived there, Kurt Husfeldt, 46, had the device in his hands.

Husfeldt was charged with criminal possession of stolen property. His 13-year-old son also was arrested on grand larceny charges.

Town officials said the boy committed the burglary with Steven Mangiapanella, 20, also of Lindenhurst. He was charged with grand larceny.

Babylon installed 300 GPS devices in snow plows, dump trucks, street sweepers and other vehicles last January.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Under Siege ....again. Once Upon a Time in the Hood, me and the Glimmer Man Climbed inside The Belly of the Beast and we ended up Submerged and Half Past Dead. Do not mess with The Foriegner or you might get some Exit Wounds. I have a Fire Burning Down Below and I need The Patriot to help me out. I am very Hard To Kill when I look Into The Sun and comlpetely Above the Law. No one can get to me cause im Out of Reach Some have Marked me for Death for treading On Deadly Ground but im lookin Out For Justice and watching for The Shawdow Man. Oh yeah do not forget the Dark Territory I have explored with my Attack Force. Its darkest just before The Black Dawn. My Ticker is slowing down now and I think im done. Oh wait I have to go Out For a Kill a little later and make some Executive Decision(s). That will complete my day as a Mercenary for Justice after I take a Flight of Fury. I am The Prince of Pistols and Today You Die....Beotch

Under Siege ....again. Climb inside The Belly of the Beast and you might end up Half Past Dead. Also do not mess with The Foriegner or u might get some Exit Wounds. I have a Fire Burning Down Below and I need The Patriot to help me out. I am very Hard To Kill and comlpetely Above the Law. Some call me The Patriot but I like to be known as The Glimmer Man. Some have Marked me for Death for treading On Deadly Ground but im lookin Out For Justice. Oh yeah do not forget the Dark Territory I have explored. My Ticker is slowing down now and I think im done. Oh wait I have to go Out For a Kill a little later. That will complete my day

You need to get out Into the Sun more. :yoda: