Aztarex ?

NYC007

anyone figured a way to set these up with a double spring w/o drilling? I dont own. But curious for future reference. looks possible. Havent looked that closly yet, just trying to save my lazy ass some time. thanks

Edited by NYC007

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got mine last week. I was kinda wondering the same thing.

I would think that drilling the posterior side of point, below grip switch in fig 2, would be the place to put a loop of cord.

One thing I noticed is that my gripswitch might take a little sanding. They fit fine, as shown in figure 1. But I have not mounted/installed them like pictured in figure 2. They will not slide up in there with having to "tap" them in there. If I do that, there will be no way to remove them.

Taking them to Colorado this weekend. Hope to play with them then.

• 2 months later...

I only played around with them in Ouray. They are light weight and with that, they do take a little more effort to swing than my heavier Vipers. The weight is great and should make a great alpine tool. A good bit of the time, one tool is on the pack or both on the approach. I still like my vipers for roadside.

They have a distinctive ping when they hit the ice.

I think the adxe has too much of a steep angle for chopping a lot of ice. My old Prophets did a better job. I'm sure the added weight also helped.

I'll be able to tell you more in july.

Jedi