VH

kevbone

My friend and I met Eddy in a nightclub in Vancouver in 1980. He was standing at a table with a good looking blonde girl and a big bodyguard type. My buddy and I were pretty pissed, and noticed this shortish guy standing at a table He had really long thick dark hair. My buddy had short hair at the time and decided to go and ask this guy where he got his hair done. Sort of to be a pain in the ass I guess. I am not sure why.

He did not know it was Eddie at the time. So off he went. About five minutes passed and they were still talking so I went over to the table and Eddy was axking why my friend wanted to know about his hair dresser. My friend replied that he liked Eddy's hair and wanted hair just like his. We still did not know who he was. Eddy replied "Well thankyou if you are serious and fuck you if you are not." The big guy looked a bit anxious. My buddy told Eddy that he was serious and Eddy said thanks and that he liked my buddies hair. My buddy being a smart ass then says "Well thank you if you are serious and fuck you if you are not" The big guy looked even more edgy. Eddy finally told us that we wouldn't know where the hairdresser was and that we would probably forget anyway and my buddy told him that he had a mind like a steel trap. Eddy laughed and told us he got his hair done at "Diane's on 57th and Lexington in New York." Anyway he eventually asked us if we were into Van Halen. We replied "No" I think he clued in that we did not recognize him so he asked what we wanted and we replied "Nothing" He asked if we wanted his girlfriend. We stupidly said "No" so he bought us a beer and he told us about how he had travelled all over the world and how much he appreciated America etc and that he could live anywhere he wanted but America was the best place on earth. We thought he was just being a peckerhead acting like a big shot not knowing who he was and all. Eventually we drank our beer and the place had pretty well closed down by then so we hit the road. About a half hour later we were walking outside the place and we ran into him again and my buddy says to him "Dianes on 57th and Lex" Eddy replies while tapping the side of his head "A mind like a steel trap" and he laughed.

On the drive to Squamish in the morning we were listening to the radio and they were talking about the Van Halen concert in Vancouver the night before and I remembered noticing the Van Halen wing pendant on around Eddies neck as he had been playing with it as he talked to us. We roared into Squamish to the first record store we could find and looked at a Van Halen album and sure enough it was Eddy grinning away. WE thought that was pretty cool.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...