Colin in da News Again

G-spotter

Hey, thanks for all the good vibes, guys! I'm sitting in the library at the moment - just printed out my schedule and about to start classes again (1.5 weeks late...). Ugh.

Glad to hear there's interest in a slideshow. It's pretty hard not to take awesome pictures in such a spectacular range, so hopefully I'll have some good ones.

What Mike neglects to tell you guys is that I didn't send the New Year's party because I was sick and wanted to get healthy. The New-Years-Party-Marsigny-Parkin-Ferrari linkup is what I really wanted to do, but I wasn't strong enough. I guess I need to train more, like Freddie does. He's headed to Scotland soon, so he's practicing getting shitfaced every night and climbing hard every day - impressive stuff.

Have fun the rest of your time down there, Mike! Hope you and Kate and Jim and Tom both get the window you need!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Eric.

I dunno if that was humorous or not?

Yes, I did it leashless, although I don't think that makes it any more difficult. In my limited experience waterfall climbing leashless, it doesn't seem any more pumpy than using leashes.

I'll use whichever system I think is easier actually, which really comes down to a discussion of whether wrist leashes are more of a pain in the ass, or tethers to your harness are more of a pain in the ass. I've been experimenting with leashless tools and tethers recently, and I think it worked quite well for this climb, although I can't decide yet which is overall a better system for alpine climbing.