2 person sleeping bags

salbrecher

I'm with Marko. Last year i made a fabric wedge to make my sleeping bag fit two. My girlfriend calls it the love triangle. It's big enough to fit the two of us, but small enough so that the insulation from the bag wraps underneath us slightly to eliminate drafty sides.

There's no hood, and it can be a little drafty around the neck, but we both sleep warmer with the shared body heat. The best part is the thing weighs practically nothing and takes up almost no space.

Here's a good website for DIY clothing and gear.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mtnfreak, yes you'll still get freezing condensation inside a synthetic, but it will still be warmer than a down bag with frozen condensation. Durability, as i said, is not an issue. It would only be used a few nights for one route and hopefully never again. Jay, as said before, we are not looking to zip together 2 full bags for the reasons mentioned above. Please read above posts before posting people...

Just offering an OT observation for anyone who might find themselves doing some cold-weather camping with the s/o and thinking "Hey, let's zip the bags together, it'll be warmer..."

Best of luck on whatever route it is that you are pondering.