Passport?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The crossing guards (both sides) at Sumas aren't the most laid back. That's why I usually go through Aldergrove - I hardly bring my truck to a stop before they wave me through. They can require proof citizenship if they feel like it, in which case a driver's license and birth cert will do.

If you get caught they theaten you with a herring until you promise to bring them a shrub. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by vegetablebelay:

quote:

Originally posted by Self propelled:

We were up there this past week and the folks without passports were definitely hassled more than those with passports.

A Passport is just the Isuzu Rodeo with a Honda Emblem on it. Same vehicle otherwise.

[Roll Eyes]
Maybe I should sign up for Microsoft Passport. Would that work?

I crossed through Sumas (going into Canada) last month, but didn't have my passport. I had to go inside and wait for half an hour till in a line full of other people who didn't have their passports. I had to show them I had money and credit cards, tell them where I was going and where I was staying. It was a pain in the ass.

quote:

Originally posted by dope on a rope:

Go through the Lynden/Aldergrove crossing - at least my experience, nine times out of ten they don't even ask for ID, even after 9/11. My fiancee crosses the border daily, and it was news to him that they were going to require passports. If they are, when? (Dru?)

I get asked both ways (up and down) every time I go thru Sumas.... but i always have passport so i dunno what they do if you dont have one. shoot you? ask for 30 pushups and a lap around the field?