Draft dodgers guide to Canada.

fear_and_greed

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks muff , for opening up, i'm spraying. i love this world more than any country including my own. i take what we do as a country , personally and i'm ashamed/hopeless/ useless.

sitting around wring our hands and pointing fingers at our fellow earthlings isn't going to solve anything any more than going to war. in your extremism and hopelessness your are making the shame and negativity and hatefulness in the world bigger. it doesn't matter who you are hating. hate is still hate.

drinking water? i dont smoke ,dont drink, i am veggie.got kids.2 ex. been rich , been poor,been around the world,read,meditated, prayed,and after all that i still dont have a gun.i climb rock/ice/ mountains, i run multi day races,and i'm no one but i have an opinion on a lot of things.

drinking water? i dont smoke ,dont drink, i am veggie.got kids.2 ex. been rich , been poor,been around the world,read,meditated, prayed,and after all that i still dont a gun.i climb rock/ice/ mountains, i run multi day races,and i'm no one but i have an opinion on a lot of things.

he is trying to point out that despite all of the things you do, you are a pessimist.

you know... is the glass half full or half empty?

most people all over the world are just trying to eeekk out a life despite what the "world leaders" are doing.

count your blessings. it wont make bush go away, only time will do that. but count 'em any way. it will make you smile.

the world is not perfect. it gives us something to lend our energy to. think globally, act locally.

i dont hate!

i am however concerned by our war machine.

i feel your heart and all others here.

i need to express my concern for all humans.

i'm trying to pull us back from war.

if it is not hate you are meaning to express you may want to spend some time evaluating the language you use.

it is less honorable because they kill humans. slight problem here.

so its cool to go across the globe to kill a family to feed yours?

when i see a soldier i always tell him "get a job!!!!!!!"

soldier is a poor substitute for a job.

better for your kids to starve slightly than kill a chid somewhere so they are overfed.

if 'w' pays you 150g's would you go?

This is a good thought process and valid questions.

I think to myself; "Well, does the doctor who performs euthanasia on a suffering adult or performs an abortion of an encephalitic baby less honorable than a doctor who keeps alive a comatose shell of a human?" Maybe not. Maybe so.

Would I travel great distances and do things I didn't think I could in order to keep my family alive? Maybe so. Maybe not.

Would I pick a job for the money? Maybe.

What would I say to a person in the service? Well, I look at my best friend of 15 years and tell her that I am proud of her for being the first woman flight surgeon in our Navy and that even though she has to go back to Iraq for another year on the front, I will think of her and wish her the best every single day of the year.

Would I deny you the right to your opinion?

No.

the military to me is like a religious calling.

some HAVE to do it. it is meant for them.

at some point, under real circumstances, MOST should.

in THIS case , it seems like too many people chose to.

as a reason , every one says, to protect!

from who?

we are the attacker.

if 'w' and o'reilley are liars then we cant believe ANY OF their lies.

USUALLY if you believe the opposite, your pretty close.

Edited by virendra7

the military to me is like a religious calling.

some have to do it. it is meant for them.

at some point, under real circumstances, most should.

in this case , it seems like too many people chose to.

as a reason , every one says, to protect!

from who?

we are the attacker.

if 'w' and o'reilley are liars then we cant believe their lies.

basically if you believe the opposite, your pretty close.

I think at this point even you do not understand what you are saying.

Pink says: "war is the ultimate paradox. we are to unevolved as human being's not to fight with each other. let me know when you figure this one out. V, i think your a little ahead of your time."

Pink,

I used to believe this, but you can't really demonstrate that humans are actually evolving in the direction of peace and harmony, can you? I sometimes think our capacity to reflect and learn has grown, but our individuality and divergent paths render us condemned to our condition. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where individuals aren't willing to die (or kill) for their beliefs and freedom.

we are evolving slower then our capacity to destroy ourselves.much of the progress in oneness and compassion made in the 60's is overshadowed by this new desire to dominate which was there before but which is now unleashed by our elite. I AM standing up for my beliefs and freedoms against my own governement, because they have highjacked the constitution. 911 is homemade! thats no joke! i'll fight those enemies,not some poor third world country. they would never attack us! we 'd destroy them in a week! ask yourself why we dont.

Back then I was full of hate. Hate for Charlie, for individuals such as yourself, for Uncle Sam, and various other groups and entities. It no longer consumes me. I'm glad you never endured wars' effects but damn man don't condemn someone else for their choices. We all live (and some of us die) with the choices we made. I re-live the choices of my youth most days.