Grounder Action

telemarker

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he had a piece just below him but it popped without a pause. He actually refers to his "two bits of gear decided to fall out" which furthers the sport climbing background possibility, not to mention using that horizontal crack as a face hold rather than the bomber wrist lock it would seem to offer.

The guy bounces right back though, I shudder to think how I'd feel after hitting the deck like that, bad landing and all.

I like how he says "well, my two Bomber bits of gear decided to pull out".

Definition of Bomber:

Bomb-er (Bŏm ər)

adj. Bombest, Bomb, da Bomb

1. Of good quality and substance. a bomber piece.

2. Sound; reliable.

3. Gear that will NOT "pull out".

Now somebody needs to forward this definition to him so he can either place "bomber" gear and not worry about decking or he needs to learn to rephrase things.

How about: "my two shit pieces of gear pulled, which I expected and I decked from 15 feet but luckily didn't kill myself which I should have; maybe I should go back to clipping bolts"

I found the thread about the accident. The guy is an idiot. He placed a tricam for the first time on apparently a "ground up FA"? Doesn't make sense. Anyway...

http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=DisplayTopic&ForumID=5&MessageID=195&Replies=47&PagePos=160&Sort=LastMessage#newpost

Edited by tradclimbguy