Music Recommendations

Dechristo

Music recommendations are timely; this, currently, being the season of gifts and giving in our culture.

Just released, a month or so ago, is a Weather Report boxed set put together by the two main pillars of the group, Joe Zawinul and Wayne Shorter. The collection consists of three compilation CD's and one DVD (a September 28, 1978 performance/concert in Offenbach, Germany). This boxed set makes an excellent gift for anyone on your giving list that enjoys jazz-fusion, is a music collector with a broad appreciation, or simply a bass-player that would enjoy watching/hearing some of the finest electric bass-players ever recorded.

The rhythm section on the DVD cannot be topped for this genre: Jaco Pastorius on bass and Peter Erskine on drums (I'm listening/watching the performance while writing this post and having a very hard time concentrating for the auditory stimulation; I'm a great admirer of Pastorius & Erskine).

I picked up this set for a great price of $39.98 postage paid.

The problem, of course, as with any fine gift, is you'll need to buy two ...and keep one for yourself.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like E. Van Halen, you'd find it awesome watching/hearing Jaco play.

He does a solo (he's the only one on stage) where he performs a bunch of pyrotechnics few could match, including some fun Hendrix licks including Third Stone From The Sun.

enrich your life; strive for

a broad appreciation

If you like E. Van Halen, you'd find it awesome watching/hearing Jaco play.

He does a solo (he's the only one on stage) where he performs a bunch of pyrotechnics few could match, including some fun Hendrix licks including Third Stone From The Sun.

enrich your life; strive for

a broad appreciation

Dechristo. I do like Weather Report. I happen to like all sorts of music. I like everything from Classical to Aborted (heavy metal band from Sweden, makes Pantera look like choir boys). Well not all music. Most country should be banned from the airwaves