BD Predator???

Valhalla

The usual - thinking about getting one. Is anyone climbing with this pack yet? My WT Ice Sack has seen its' last trip so I am curious how the Predator compares to the Shadow and how easily can you climb with this pack on. Does the top of the pack interfere? Any insight is much appreciated.

Edited by Valhalla

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've owned the Predator since May and have put over 100 days on it. I LOVE THIS PACK! I have used it for mountain slogs, overnight trips, ice, alpine rock, etc. It is the best pack I've ever owned.

It strips down to almost nothing, has a haul bag capability, as well as a crampon bag built in on the outside, helmet stowaway on the top, and a zipper on the back which allows you to get to things without taking everything out.

The Predator is made with a thicker material than the Shadow, and is more durable. I've carried loads upwards of 60 pounds in it and it still carried comfortably. It has everything it needs and nothing it doesn't. No extra BS, just the essencials.

It's my choice for alpine packs. BD is making it in a 55 liter this season too, I think.

Thanks Clintoris, it is pretty new pack and I didn't expect many reponses. I have used Wild Things for years, but now I am looking for something new. I am amazed that CCW and WT are still the top rated alpine packs particularly since their designs have changed very little in the last 10 years (which I guess is a testament to simplicity).

i've owned the Predator since May and have put over 100 days on it. I LOVE THIS PACK! I have used it for mountain slogs, overnight trips, ice, alpine rock, etc. It is the best pack I've ever owned.

I really wanted this pack to work to replace an old venerable Lowe Alpine Attack 40, but I found the predator totally restricted my head movement. Is the frame removeable? I couldn't find a way to rip it out and I was getting sketchy looks from the cooperative staff :ooo: