What a pain in the ass!!!!

ken4ord

You gotta love living in the developing world. It is bad enough I can't walk down to the corner espresso stand and get a decent americano or be able puchase things work or be able to find a half assed electrician. These things aren't so bad considering where I am at, I mean you take what you can get, right? Then sometimes I work outside of the norm here and deal with suppliers and manufactures that are from the developed country, well at least I thought South Africa was pretty developed. I mean they do have headquarter for all large medical and test kit supplier. Well today I found out how good customer service can be in South Africa.

The fuckers, told that I would be able to arrange a training within a weeks time when I was ready, hell I thought that was great. Well after spending over two weeks trying schedule the training they come back to me and say, oh sorry, but were busy until the end of January. This was I had order $8000 worth of supplies. WTF, we are talking Roche Diagnostics one of largest players in the medical diagnositic field.

Anyways I needed to spray before I call them up and start yelling.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem here is that you are only dealing with an $8000 purchase. In my experience with these people, unless the price tag gets higher, they could give a shit. And this is in the US! When you start adding more zeros to that price, they will kiss your ass or climb inside it if you ask. Good ol' biotech.

Sorry that you can't get you stuff man!

Yes Tradguy I aggree, but over the course of this last I have ordered over $20,000 worth of supplies and we were going to buy some instrumentation from them. Also the $8000 was just ot get started for first few month of a 2 year study. Anyways my point is in the States there is a thing called customer service most of the time, but here........ha