Mt. Hood/Mt. Adams Backcountry

Farrgo

So I'm trying to get stoked on the backcountry scene after living in Bellingham for four years and then Summit County for one season. What the best backcountry areas in SW Washington and N Oregon? Come on, share the goods. evils3d.gif Where are the secret stashes?

Nate

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the secret stashes?

Well, Nate. Its a secret so don't tell anyone, but I hide my stash under the cookies in the Teddy Ruxpin cookie jar just to the right of the toaster.

But now that I told you, I don't want to come home to find my stash all gone and you sitting in my chair all cheeched-out watching Barney Miller reruns. hellno3d.gif

Well nothing will be quite a sick as Summit County gnar, but I agree with Winter, pickup up Backcountry Oregon which has a ton of info on Hood/St Helens skiing. There are numerous TR's on this site about skiing the Oregon volcanos, and turnsallyear.com is a great resource for ideas on spots to ski (and has TR's organized by time of year which will help with your quest for gnar)

Oregon doesn't have the sickest steeps (except for Chute 4 at Mt. Ashland) but there is some worthy goods to be found

202397858_eb59c21481.jpg

Edited by gapertimmy