Granite Peak

JoJo

Hi All,

JoJo here to tell you about the new "all-in-one" Granite Peak 1:24,000 topo map and complete climbing guide being published by First Ascent Press. It will be printed on waterproof synthetic paper and retail for $19.95. The sheet is 25.2" x 39.2" and folded to 4" x 8". The unique map was created by the award winning Alpine Mapping Guild, the same guys that brought you the Kyrgyzstan map that was with the 2005 AAJ and the Brad Johnson Peru Map.

The ink will be dry on the map late August 7th. Ask at your favorite shop and they should have it soon. It is also available right now to purchase online from the first ascent press web site and I'll ship it out ASAP on the 8th.

We are also slowly getting the web site up to speed with a forum page where you can go for conditions or to post a trip report. The goal is for this to become the only bookmark you need for Granite Peak. I'm sure anyone researching Granite is tired as I with the random personal stories and 10-year old reports. Thanks for reading and especially thanks to all the cc.com users for all your support of me and First Ascent Press. As a start up single guy business it's sincerely appreciated. We are busy with a similar map and guide for Gannett Peak and some others. The Gannett Peak product will be out this fall - too late for this season but good for planning next summer. It is written by Tom Turiano. Stay posted and thanks again.

Cheers,

Joe Josephson

592147-Map-Sample.jpg.6db3ea1ebfd29c67bd5744a2397d021e.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images