Mt. Adams Creatures

Just climbed Adams - South Spur Route. We camped in a moraine at lower lunch counter. We were terrorized by mice all night. In the middle of the night one of our group members woke up and swore that there was a fox in our camp area (looking for stuart little snacks). Has anyone else seen fox around lunch counter before? I am trying to decide if I should believe his story or not.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there a week ago and it sounds like you bivied where I did. Yeah there were lots of mice, and two pretty big marmots, one of which wasn't afraid of me at all. I'd brought my MSR stowaway pot (its handle latches over the lid) to store food in, which was a good thing, cause at night they dug it out from under the rocks I'd stacked on it and hauled it 20 ft away. Fortunatly marmots haven't figured out how to chew through stainless steel (yet!).

I soloed the west side a couple a couple of weeks ago. At about 6,500 feet a hummingbird circled me repeatedly.

When I stopped for a drink he landed on my shirt and licked it.

He stayed with me for at least 3,000 ft verticle on and off. Often hovering inches from my nose,they have very big eyes for their size.

never seen one this friendly.