Alpine Climbing in August

dinomyte

OK Folks:

I need to get out in the hills. I have the weekends of 8/5 and 8/19 available. I can usually take off a Friday and/or a Monday in addition.

I've only climbed Hood, Adams, Shasta, St. Helens, South Sister, Middle Sister, Thielsen and Broken Top. Would like to try something different.

I'm not really into rock (as you can see by where I've been), but can deal with as much as is necessary to make it to the top of a mountain. Have a harness, and can pick up more gear if necessary.

No probs with a full pack and long distances.

I'm pretty fast, but don't really enjoy running up mountains. I like to enjoy the views.

If anyone has similar time available, and an idea of where to go, let me know.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Baker, Shuksan, or Glacier Peak? I've done at least one route on each but could go back if by a different route.

I'm out of commission right now with an injured hand but hope to get up somewhere by the end of August or in September. I gather you're from the Portland area so that could be a longer drive - there's also Rainier and/or Tahoma, which is as tall as Hood but seldom climbed.

PM me if you're interested several weeks out.

Glen

Absolutely. All of those are on my list but, quite frankly, I've been waiting to go with someone who has been before.

As an FYI, I have a bit of roped glacier experience, but not any rock. I'm not averse, but hopefully someone with me might have a bit of patience!