what about a finger injury?

I got my pinky severly jammed being a keeper yesterday to help my daughter practice penalty kicks!

It looked like the first (closest to the tip) knuckle got dislocated as my finger was all deformed there (large unfamiliar bulge). I jammed it back into the socket and it seems in it's familiar shape now, but it's quite swollen. Some black and blue streakage this morning. And it hurts (duh).

Maybe it's broken? Maybe it's not? Would it make any difference? If I go to a doc will they just recommend putting it in a finger splint like I've already done (except their finger splint will cost $ 42.65 instead of the $3.99 for a set of three like I got at Rite Aid)?

Or is there something that might happen differently if I go to a doctor?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i would at least get it x-rayed to see if it was reduced and is aligned properly and is indeed unbroken. believe me, you want to know this. it will also tell you how long to splint it for.

but to answer your question, no, besides spliting and/or reducing it, they can't actually help it heal any better than your own body was designed to.

Edited by michael_layton