keeping with business opportunities, not road openings...

Mike_Gauthier

quote:

Originally posted by W:
i got one- who do the chicks dig more, climbing rangers or guides?here's another one to think about-if a tree falls in the forest while a guided team is on the DC, does the guided team make a sound?
confused.gif" border="0[Wazzup]rolleyes.gif" border="0

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: W ]

thats not hard 'w', chicks dig the unhindered free alpinist...we have more time to woo them and do not carry loads of regualtions or newbies behind us....we are allowed to express out opinions at any time regardless anti govt or company!!!!

and we make a lot more money!!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

thats not hard 'w', chicks dig the unhindered free alpinist...we have more time to woo them and do not carry loads of regualtions or newbies behind us....we are allowed to express out opinions at any time regardless anti govt or company!!!!

true, that is unless the climbing rangers are all secretly anarchist wingnuts...do you think that is possible? wink.gif" border="0

quote:

and we make a lot more money!!!!!

You got me there. money talks i guess. but young, poor, college intern hotties seem to think 12 bucks an hour is pretty decadent, and sexy.

quote:

Originally posted by W:

You got me there. money talks i guess. but young, poor, college intern hotties seem to think 12 bucks an hour is pretty decadent, and sexy.

up until i crusie up in 01 carrea 4 asking if she would like to drive!!!! then maybe head to hawaii for the eveinng....

granted ladies i am still waiting for the 1st big check to clear, so it will have to be my pickup and a trip to the movie house for now

and as far the antichrist goes, not interested i have already sold my soul.....

quote:

up until i crusie up in 01 carrea 4 asking if she would like to drive!!!! then maybe head to hawaii for the eveinng....

granted ladies i am still waiting for the 1st big check to clear, so it will have to be my pickup and a trip to the movie house for now

and as far the antichrist goes, not interested i have already sold my soul.....

No way, Jose- the "man in uniform" with the ambiguous world view, in full rebellion to his authoritative employer, who is content earning a meager wage for the benefit of his job being totally independent and suited to his lifestyle will defeat the hairsprayed, foo-foo dick in the Porsche anyday! The former of the above has SO MUCH potential for the woman to want to try to CHANGE in him? Get it?!!?

tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by W:

No way, Jose- the "man in uniform" with the ambiguous world view, in full rebellion to his authoritative employer, who is content earning a meager wage for the benefit of his job being totally independent and suited to his lifestyle will defeat the hairsprayed, foo-foo dick in the Porsche anyday! The former of the above has SO MUCH potential for the woman to want to try to CHANGE in him? Get it?!!?

tongue.gif" border="0

w i like your ploy, didnt see it like that hmmm.....maybe i will have to rethink it.....

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

The only thing that I think I would want out of the guiding side of Mt. Rainier is to make the contracts publicly available for viewing. I have heard rumors that people can't see the contracts--which does not make sense to me. I thought that all federal contracts are publicly available--except of course those contracts that are needed for national security.

quote:

Originally posted by Stefan:
The only thing that I think I would want out of the guiding side of Mt. Rainier is to make the contracts publicly available for viewing. I have heard rumors that people can't see the contracts--which does not make sense to me. I thought that all federal contracts are publicly available--except of course those contracts that are needed for national security.

stefan,

i have made the request for the information...intianlly i wanted it before the meetings, but after talking to MORA they said that they had no problem sending them to me, but only after the edited out the parts they wanted.....

it is called the freedom of information act.

They should be avaiable through the FOIA process (thats Freedom of Information Act). Let me relate this though, as a public sector employee currently in county govt, formerly in fed govt:

If someone in the system does not want you to see the docs, there are a lot of devious ways to keep them from you. The most common is cost and time, I've witnessed a lawyer trying to get documents who was sent from building to building, made to wait for long periods of time to meet with someone who inevitably sent them to scheulde a meeting with someone else...all on purpose as a way to try to force them to "give up" out of frustration. Then the guy was told that the docs he sought were archived and there's a $25 fee to locate and pull the archived file and that since he wasn't allowed in the archive areas, he would have to have the info he requested copied by one of our secretaries at $.10 per page, plus her time in copying and records searches at $20/hr. Since the guy didn't have a particular document he wanted but something along the lines of "anything related to property parcel xyz123" he had no idea what cost he would incur. Obviously the secretary was in no hurry to accomodate him and by way of default copied everything in sight. His bill, to get one relevant document that he actually used in a land use appeal, amounted to a couple grand in the end and he still lost the appeal. The bureacratic "levels" system allows for an endless amount of jerking around.

re: contracts.

reminder, these meetings are public "SCOOPING" meetings. there are no "contracts" written yet for future business opportunities (that i know of). basically, the superintendent wants to hear what you have to say.

if you want to see the PREVIOUS contracts, i.e., RMI's contract and it’s one year extension that it’s operating under now, you can get those through a FOIA request. this has been done by others before. skip card (Tacoma News Tribune reporter) did a very interesting story in 1999 on the business of guiding on rainier. he got all of the documents, including RMI'S reported financial statements through FOIA. It should be noted that that business statement only included business transactions conducted through rainier park. that doesn't include whittaker’s bunkhouse, the rainier shuttle (a separate concession/business permit) the summit haus and their other associated businesses operated by the whittakers.

i really, really don't think the government is trying to hide anything here. if you folks, including me, have been missing anything, what you've been missing are the conversations during of past meetings that lead to the current situation.

show up at one of these meetings and ask the superintendent some questions. he'll answer what he can, or have someone like me help you out. share your ideas and concerns.

no magic, no national security, just a public comment period on commercial business...

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Gauthier:
re: contracts.

no magic, no national security, just a public comment period on commercial business...

MIKE,

it may not appear this way all the time, but i do like to make informed comments and stuff.... that was my intent on looking at the contracts....to see what kind of setup/relationship the park has with its consessionaires.....if we knew what their relationship is and see how they are supposed to interact, then we can figure out/decied in our opinion on what we see would be best for the park and relay that to the superintendent......