garibaldi

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, was up on Brohm Ridge and the Warren Glacier over the Easter weekend.

We managed to park at the 5km mark on the Brohm Ridge road. Lots of fresh snow, shin deep powder. Also lots of windloading on the North slopes.

"Don't even bother if you aren't on skis" pretty much sums it up. Great turns on the way out though.

To further emphasize that you'll want skis, here's a recent picture of the Elfin hut:

Elfin_Lakes_Shelter.jpg

For comparison, here's how it typically looks in early winter, or late spring:

115_elfinhut.jpg

Some guy laughed at me a while back when he saw me dutifully putting my $5 in the envelope.

I wonder how much extra money they get every year from people who put in a fiver 'cause they don't have the exact change for the $3 fee?

Don't pay parking fees at your own risk. I was up there a couple of weeks before Easter and there was a hot little chica in a green outfit checking who had paid and leaving love letters (not!) under the windshield wipers of those who hadn't.

"We managed to park at the 5km mark on the Brohm Ridge road. Lots of fresh snow, shin deep powder. Also lots of windloading on the North slopes."

k, I'm trying to convince my buddy to use the Brohm Ridge way. How high up is this 5 Km mark? How's the road here? Never been up this way.

"We managed to park at the 5km mark on the Brohm Ridge road. Lots of fresh snow, shin deep powder. Also lots of windloading on the North slopes."

k, I'm trying to convince my buddy to use the Brohm Ridge way. How high up is this 5 Km mark? How's the road here? Never been up this way.

If you go via Brohm you'd better bring some Budweiser for your new two-stroke friends blush.gif (there's a lot of snowmobiles on Brohm)

Easy Easy! The road is about the same as the approach to Elfin Lakes parking lot. Its just North of Squish (I can't find the map right now). Granted, there are alot of snow mobiles around, but they peter out soon enough up on the ridge. Some good biv sites up near the top of the ridge (above the rocky hump). It took us about 4 hours up to the top of the ridge from the 5km mark. You will come to a fork in the road (above the snowline), take the left hand option as it gains the ridge top quicker. Hope you have a good trip, the weather sounds good this weekend!