golden horn

rincon_roamer

help! i was camped at snowy lakes below tower peak and decided to climb golden horn. i knew that beckey rated the route 3rd class and figured that i could scramble up in no time. wrong! am i just getting old, or what? i worked up snow and icy ledges to what i think was 20 ft. of the summit. from there i could find no reasonable route to the top. i looked at the summit block from both the north and south and could find nothing this aging climber felt he could get both up and down by himself.

is there anyone out there familiar with this climb? is there really a 3rd class route? how would you rate the easiest route to the summit? thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Snagtooth has one of those despicable sling ladders on it. And it may have been despicable, but we still used it to climb up the summit block because we were lazy. I scrubbed my hands for a week, but I still couldn't get that despicable feeling off of them. [Razz]