Lack of right wing posting

JoshK

I'd like to see what the rules were; i can't find any info.

And if the rules were working, why did both parties(?) agree to give clinton the line item veto (which he used like 50 or 80 times before it was ruled unconstitutional by a 6-3 vote).

I can't seem to find it either; memory suggests it was something as simple as requiring all riders to be relevant to the bill at hand, so perhaps not exactly what we intend. The President would be unlikely to use the line item in all but the most egregious circumstances - far too much political capital lost by cancelling some senators pet project.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Line-item veto in and of itself is not the end of the world, IMO, however in the context of this Adminstration, it looks like yet another move to consolidate power under the Executive, always done with Republican adminstrations, particularly so with the asshats we now have in the White House.

None of them are to be trusted. Bush and his people are only acting in the interests of themselves and their rich friends. What a sham.