When you have a cold-dumb question

Jens

Here is a stupid question....

Why do I feel the impulse to binge eat from dawn to dusk like their is a famine coming whenever I get a cold? It's like I eat like 7000 calories a day no joke. After the week is up, and I get well I can't crank any routes. Anybody else have this? It's always been like this for me.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you could be burning more calories to keep the heat turned up (fever)? More WBC need energy as well. Dunno, that's my guess. I'm probably wrong.

My other idea is your eating center in your brain (hyopthalamus) is affected by minute changes in homostasis, so the cold (be it higher heat, or something else) could be affecting your hunger drive.

As for not being able to crank routes after a cold, i believe your body is proctecting itself by going into recovery mode, like it or not. Kinda like overtraining.

need the info...can you not crank becuase you've become a slovenly hog or becuase your body has just wasted a bunch of energy being sick?

speaking of overtraining...when I have cold if i double the lengths of my daily runs and try to go to bed an hour earlier I get better sooner and have no trouble with energy lag afterwards.