Finley Creek Drainage

Skatan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

though i haven't tried it myself (for fineley creek), i usually use topozone.com to get the best maps available. if you know the approximate area (give or take 10 kilometers) you can zero in on it there, plus have an accurate map as well, that includes more detailed drainage info and access options. seems like most guide book authors- saying this will probably get me spammed, harassed, kicked in the nuts- have an inability to design useful maps. I guess it's just the geologist/scientist in me- but a good map can provide a lot more than just route location if it's done right, in addition to avoiding time waste for route finding. how many times have we all read the description "turn right on the light climber's trail about 1-2 km after a left bend by a tree".

i'd also suggest calling Trail Head or REI in Missoula, or their local UofM climbing club.

Its in the Mission Mountains. Get a Montana Gazeteer and find Finley Canyon. And don't EVER EVER EVER EVER call REI for any beta on anything. Also, I don't think there is a UM Climbing Club, at least not while I was there. I mean why do you have to be in some gay ass club to go climbing?

I would try Trailhead or Pipestone Mtneering, but its hit or miss you might get some knowledgeable person, or maybe not.

Unfortunately, I never climbed in Finley when I lived in Missoula or I'd tell you myself. I could make some calls and find out but since I don't know you I won't. Good luck.