Litle-wet conditions inquiry

chris

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and the forecast is today 8/2 cloudy, and tues 7/3 showers. finally cools back out a bit for: weds 1/0 rain or snow; thurs: 2/-6 cloudy; and fri: -1/-6 light snow. then warmish and wet again: sat 0/-3 rain or snow; sun 0/-2 freezing rain.

not attractive ice climbing temps, but quite an unmitigated disaster (yet) - the Duffey and Marble Canyon are high enough to stay below freezing except over the "hot streak" 3 or 4 days, but the "valley" climbs will be pretty effing wet. pure boredom probably will cause me to drive up at new years to "have a look". i have plenty of space in the truck for spare sets of gloves - i'll need 'em!

cheers, don

• 2 weeks later...

Today:

Wet snow mixed with rain ending early this afternoon then cloudy with sunny periods and 70 percent chance of rain showers. Snowfall amount 5 cm. Snow level rising to 1000 metres this afternoon. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 60. High 6.

Tonight:

Cloudy. 60 percent chance of rain showers this evening and of flurries overnight. Snow level 1000 metres lowering to valley bottom overnight. Low zero.

Wednesday:

Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries in the morning and of rain showers in the afternoon and evening. Snow level rising to 700 metres in the afternoon. High plus 3.

Thursday:

A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of rain showers or flurries. Low plus 2. High plus 4.

Friday:

Periods of rain mixed with snow. Low plus 1. High plus 4.

Saturday:

Periods of rain. Low plus 2. High plus 3.

Forecast Link

Anybody want to take a guess what the ice conditions will be like this weekend?