Lexington E.Face TR

layton

Great route. 2 brand new bolts in chimney, 2X4, and fixed gear galore. Did direct start from middle left side of base. Shaved off a pitch that way. When you get to the start of the corner (pitch 2,3,or 4?) stay in the corner instead of going left like nelson's guide shows. Awesome jamming. Bring some big cams. We rapped off -need 2 ropes. Easy, but our ropes got really stuck. Had to climb up on the one we pulled to fix it. Did it w/Fixed Pin(Richard) -awesome guy.

We were gonna do Minuteman E.Face too, but there was a cattle train going up. Anyone done this route? How is it? Looks...uh...shitty, but I haven't done it so I can't really say and I'd like to do it anyway. Can never tell w/Burdo routes, eh?

Good job Mike and partner on Liberty Crack, and Forrest and partner on Independance (voices carry). I hope you don't have to bivy tonight.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The East Face of Minuteman was my first route at the pass. I enjoyed it. Some of the rock is crap, but the spiltters make it worth it. The crux is a pumpy small hand crak that I rember being a bit awkward, and the handcrack on the final pitch is stellar.