Florida TR

Dave_Schuldt

Went down to FT Lauderdale to visit my folks last week. My brother, sister and law and thier 2 kids came down from Jersy. Had a nice time with the family. I'd never been there before. It's one giant suburb with a beach. There's high rise condos amd hotels next to that beach as far as you can see in both directions. And thier building more. This strip is broken ocasionaly by a park. It's the off season now so trafic isn't to bad. All the fancy yachts and cars leed me to belive that there's lots of guys with small or limp ones. There's no helmet law so no motor cyclist I saw had one. People ride around in the back of pick up trucks on the highway. My parents condo is right on the beach. A great location but once you look past the marble you realize the construction is cheesey, holow core doors and cheap cabinets. It's still realy hot and humid. Always tried to park in the shade. Went running on the beach twice before the sun came up. 80 degrees and 100% humidity. Did some swimming and saw some cool fish. Why anyone would choose to live there I don't know. Seems like ny parents spend most of thier time indoors where it's air conditioned. So what's the point? As far as hot girls go I saw a few hoties but no more than anywhere else. Saw lots of flesh that should've been covered up as well. Air fare = $256 free room and board so a cheap vacation. It will realy suck if my parents have more health problems and I have to go there a lot. I wish they lived closer.

I was glad to get back and go moutain biking in the rain.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no desire to visit Florida. In high school days, when carloads of friends sojourned south for spring break, I prefered a punishing frame-pack and a wonder wander in wilderness. Too late I discovered this addiction to be a gateway to the horrors of alpinism.

Still, why would anyone choose to lay naked in the warm sun, light breezes caressing the body while rhythmic ocean waves pacify and lull one to doze when they could choose to endure interminable suffering with mortal danger as a constant companion?

I just don't understand it.