Why....

lancegranite

That must be nice for those of you that find a sence of purpose or meaning in your day to day routine of collecting a paycheck. For me it's not, just some days are less painfull then others.

ry_guy--you're new here so i'll go easy. it's nice for those of us who aren't miserably depressed whiners to find some value in how we spend our time. career or climbing.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Its from his studies at the University of Alaska."

Gosh, I assumed it was something one of the guys working in the Boeing paint-shop penned while the primer was drying, or a line-worker in Detroit scribbled down between welds....

It's not paying the rent or scraping up enough cash to pay for the transmission rebuild that's on their minds, its the fact that they're "actively alienating themselves from the alien products of blah, blah, blay.." Christ.

That must be nice for those of you that find a sence of purpose or meaning in your day to day routine of collecting a paycheck. For me it's not, just some days are less painfull then others.

Sounds like you've figured out that you are not doing what you want to be doing in life. Once you figure out what it is that you do want to do, or at least something that'll make you happier - the meaning and purpose can come from knowing that you are getting closer to starting something new with every paycheck that you earn at your present job.

sure i'd rather not work but i also enjoy knowing that i can afford dinner. there's just no point in being a whiny little bitch about life. if you're not happy with your circumstances, short of certain extreme cases, suck it up and do something different.

if ry_guy wants to climb everyday, he can figure out how. there's folks out there who seem to manage this.