OP Link-Cam

selkirk

Finally got my new toy! and had a chance to drag it up Orbit a couple of weeks ago. Really a pretty sweet little thing. Action is nice and smooth, and the trigger bar seems to keep the pull more stable than the old style single stems. I don't particularly like the whole thumb stud thing, and hopefully they'll replace it with a loop (ala the new C4's and Trangos) in the next generation. That said the action is nice and smooth, and it protects those weird little flaring pockets like a dream. Of course it's also good for all the standard cam things like parallel cracks. (Small opening, then flaring behind that, then pinching back down in the very back. It shrinks down to go in then can expand into the pocket easily but cleans easily as well). Out of 7 pitchs I think I place it 3 or 4 times, and all were bomber placements. The only side note is that it can't be with the cams fully extended (like Camalots, DMM's etc that have cam stops) The axle makes more than 1 full rotation so cam-stops aren't really feasible.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought a #1 maxcam on sale in pdx, and i've used in on about 8 pitches since then. the expansion range is really nice, as it always seems to work. Placing it when you can't see exactly where everything is, or if there will be lots of rope wiggle can be problematic, as its more prone to walking into placements, IMO.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Everyone ...

We've had serious delays in Link Cam delivery for almost all of 2005. Some of the components of the cams are built for us by oustside companies and we've had big problems with several of them.

Back in the summer, we were able to ship a few orders but since then, we've been working hard to get these vendor problems behind us.

The good news is that we think we've finally done so. We're due to receive final production parts from a new and reliable supplier in a few weeks and anticipate catching up to demand by early spring. Several stores in Seattle (and throughout the northwest) should be well-stocked by then.

If you've had them on order, thanks for sticking with us! They'll be worth the wait.

Regards,

--ML

Michael Lane

Sales & Marketing Director

Omega Pacific