[TR] Dome Alone-Downey mt-Pilot-Dome(stupid)-

wayne

Climb: Dome Alone-Downey mt-Pilot-Dome(stupid)-Dome Glacier

Date of Climb: 9/24/2005

Trip Report:

Well I think I saw the dummest thing I have done when I went to Dome via the long ass way . I started up a trail 2 miles into the Downey creek trail . I ended up at a lake just north of Downey mt. Then through a vast ridgeline connecting eventually to pilot peak where I made the 13th ascent . Now the grind continued till I made it to Cub lake where I passed out completely exhausted. I woke to the miracle of Advil in the am to finish my original objective -Dome . In freezing temps I struggle through leg cramps and tiredness to the beautiful summit and God I swear its 55 miles to get out of there. Hundreds of downed trees slowed my slow self toill I felt like crawling to the car devastated .never saw another soul in there despite 5 cars in the parking lot, where do they go from there? The high country was spectacular , the veiws almost too numerous to see where you are walking , Not a recommended high route!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic