New Leavenworth Routes

viktor

Victor- You can email it to me and I'll post it on the website. People could either download it, comment on it, then send it back or people could just download it and have a thread here where people can put the collection of comments for all to see. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Jon

intensity@cascadeclimbers.com

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on-will do that. I have the files at home so It'll be later. It will be the route list from the last guidebook is all and people can toss in their 2 cents. More recent routes can be addressed separately. I suppose I can let a few more out of the bag here soon. Anyone done those new ones just off the road on Icicle Buttress?

Viktor,

Thanks for the time and effort of putting together a new guide. The old book has provided many days of good cascadian fun. As a comment for everyone, a little bit of ambiguity makes life interesting. Half of the fun in climbing in Washington is the adventure/epic of finding the start of the route.

I don't think you intiated this thread as an "ask Viktor forum", but I have a question that nobody seems to know the answer. Are their any established routes on Upper or Middle Eightmile Buttress. If so, do you have information about them or do you know anyone that has information.

Thanks,

Tim Lawrence

Lucky14956@aol.com

HEy victor, new routes, I think this is old news but, Sport bolts added to dans dread full direct,

bolts added what was a top rope climb next to Dogleg on alphabet rock. bring some small "widgets". optional

Theres some routes up across the first rusty bridge in the tumwater, cross the bridge cut left to a little boulder and follow faint trail up, I have not done them, they look cool.

The arete on alphabet,Right of Into the Womb bolts that are not in your guide, direct up the arete (bear hug) style, harder than 11b more like 11cd but Im no expert, nick

Here is the route list from Victor in Micro$oft Word format. Download it by clicking on this link www.cascadeclimbers.com/LeavRockRoutes1.DOC

Viktor (spelled your name right this time, sorry) has asked that people down load the list, comment on the routes, and email the file back to him at v.kramar@mastecps.com. I'll let Victor add comments on what he is specifically looking for.

[This message has been edited by jon (edited 05-15-2001).]

This list comes from the 1996 guide. Any newer routes you may know of can be added and any other comments also. I am just looking for consensus on ratings and quality. Let's use the 5 star system as in the book. Feel free to delete or ignore entries that you have no firsthand knowledge of. Also, a better e-mail address for me is kramar@tumwater.net. I'll process the data at some point and post any results of interest. Thanks for helping.