Have I Entered the Twilight Zone?

MtnHigh

Here are the chilling facts

Time: Sunday 11am

Place: Jantzen Beach Starbucks

Person to meet: Pete P.

Item: Thule Cascade XT 1100 cargo box

Situation: Over the past week I traded numerous emails with a person (Pete P.) who is selling an auto cargo box (Thule model Cascade XT 1100). We agreed to meet at the Jantzen Beach Starbucks at 11am on Sunday.

While waiting in the Starbuck's parking lot I spot a white Blazer with a Thule cargo box on it’s roof parking right in front of Starbuck's at 11:05am. A middle aged male is in the Blazer by himself. Cool, the guy is here on time.

As I approach the Blazer I recognize that the Thule cargo box is indeed a Cascade XT 1100, confirming that this is the person with the cargo box for sale. I say to the driver (his window is down) 'Hi Pete, this is Pete (my name is also Pete), I'm the person interested in purchasing the cargo box.

With a puzzled look the guy says, 'I don't know what you're talking about, I'm not selling my cargo box'. I explained the reason I approached him. He just shook his head and said 'sorry, you got the wrong guy, I'm here to pick up my daughter.'

I walk away unconvinced, thinking that this schmuck probably got a better offer for the cargo box from someone else, didn’t have the courtesy to email me and is now blowing me off. I decide to keep an eye on him. I got back into my truck to watch and wait. A minute later a teenaged girl walks out of Borders Books, jumps into the Blazer passenger seat and they drive off.

I wait in the parking lot another 10 minutes then drive around it looking for another Thule cargo box on a vehicle, but never see one. I'm still not sure of what to make of this.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic