[TR] North Ingalls Peak- East Ridge 8/13/2005

Winter

Climb: North Ingalls Peak-East Ridge

Date of Climb: 8/13/2005

Trip Report:

Jessica (jezebal) and I climbed the East Ridge this past Saturday. We left the lot at about 6:00, took 1:15 to the pass and then lolly gagged it to the base of the route. We were the first party on route and were happy to avoid rockfall hazard. Great day to be out.

119stuart_small-med.jpg

The ridge was fun and easy.

1194th_pitch_small-med.jpg

Jessica was having a great time.

119jessica_1_small-med.jpg

We encountered a group of 8-10 mounties. All in all very nice, but they had the south face totally strung up.

119south_face_small-med.jpg

Instead of rapping into that rat's nest, we looked for the walk off mentioned in Select Climbs. I think we found it - not sure. We headed straight down the faint ridge to the right (looking down) of the top out for the South face. We headed down and then left on sandy and blocky 3rd class till we got to a bench. From the bench 3-4 gully systems cut down and across back to the gully below the dog tooth notch. We took the most heavily travelled gully on the right, led down one full pitch of 4th to easy 5th to rap slings around a chockstone. Very narrow gully. From there its one 30m rap to the ground.

All in all it was a great, relaxed and very fun day out. Jessica was a great partner. Kristin, out with a bulging disk, met us at the lake and walked back to the car with us. Sunday we all climbed at Tieton and ate Peach milkshakes. Ahhhhh ...

Gear Notes:

Light rack, Single 60 m rope, Mountie repellant

Approach Notes:

Take the slabs straight up from the lake until forced to the right at the top of the gully.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oleg, the South Face looks really easy - I think its 5.4 or something? No problem at all.

You could also ascend the East Peak from the saddle between the North and East Peaks (start of the East Ridge route). The route looks like its maybe 2-3 pitches and very straightforward with an easy rap back to the notch. I would caution though against ascending that gully with your kid unless there are no parties ahead of you because of rockfall hazard.

Oleg, the South Face looks really easy - I think its 5.4 or something? No problem at all.

You could also ascend the East Peak from the saddle between the North and East Peaks (start of the East Ridge route). The route looks like its maybe 2-3 pitches and very straightforward with an easy rap back to the notch. I would caution though against ascending that gully with your kid unless there are no parties ahead of you because of rockfall hazard.

Thanks!