Spickard / Silver Lakes approach

JoshK

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fastest approach is via Depot Creek and through the col north of Spickard. Galene Lakes trail is quite overgrownm (although it is scheduled for maintenance either later this year or next year, I have heard) and Maselpanik Creek has about 5km of horrible alder thrashing before you get out to treeline by Rahm.

We just went in there via Depot creek to hit the NE Face of Redoubt. Trail was pretty good... You could probably make Silver lake in 4-5 hours. Spickard was in the cards but fatigue and indifference after climbing Redoubt got the better of us.

Klenke, that photo is one of the nicest photos I've ever seen. That was an awesome trip!

I concur with Klenke's estimates, except I seem to remember it being 1.5 hours to Silver Lake from Ouzel Lake.

I'd also like to add that I highly suggest the Custer ridge traverse from Rahm - Custer. Klenke and I were able to climb Rahm, Custer, and Spickard in a day from a camp at Ouzel Lake with light packs.