Camilo

Should I pop this nasty blister?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Should I pop this nasty blister?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Forgot about this. In case any of you are still dying of suspense, the blister popped on its own. Well, actually my girlfriend popped it during a heated thumb wrestling match. She decided to cheat, my blister decided to explode all over her and the airplane tray table. She thought she'd knocked over a drink at first, and didn't understand why it was warm. It took a lot for her not to throw up.

Actually, medical science says don't pop it.

I don't think eHow qualifies for "medical science". I am not a Doctor and I don't play one on TV and I didn't even sleep in a Holiday Express last night, so I don't really have any qualifications.

Here is one contradictory "medical science" article on the web. Blister Care

The salient quote "Larger or painful blisters that are intact should be drained without removing the roof. First clean the blister with rubbing alcohol or antibiotic soap and water. Then heat a straight pin or safety pin over a flame until the pin glows red, and allow it to cool before puncturing a small hole at the edge of the blister.

Drain the fluid with gentle pressure, then apply an antibiotic ointment such as bacitracin with polymyxin B (double antibiotic ointment) or bacitracin alone. Avoid ointments that contain neomycin because they are more likely to cause an allergic reaction.

Finally, cover the blister with a bandage. Change the dressing daily--more frequently if it becomes wet, soiled, or loose. "