Live 8

Harry_Pi

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point was that it is at least something and maybe it got a few people thinking and more aware...

After all, are we talking about it? Yup.

I would say if it changed a couple of minds in the current and upcoming generation of young people it was worth it.

But, hey, that is just my opinion.

You even bothered to look into what he does with his time and money outside of music? If you don't like U2, fine, but I think insulting him as a person is pretty low. By the way, what was the last charitable work you did again?

The point was that it is at least something and maybe it got a few people thinking and more aware...

I would say if it changed a couple of minds in the current and upcoming generation of young people it was worth it.

Even my parents used the "starving children in Africa" line. People know that Africa is a poor continent. Really poor. Not send them some money and fix it poor. Not temporary measures poor. But really poor.

And what have we taught this young generation? That they can go to a concert, buy a CD, cast a vote and their civic duty is done. Or do they learn to say that just because they are talking about it, that's something?

Hypocrisy is what we are talking about and should like discussion around the world spur introspection in this subject, the Live8 performers will have done their good deed indeed.

Everybody gots an opinion, mine is often more convoluted than my asshole.