Help! I need some suggestions

Alasdair

Ok so I have a non climbing freind in town this weekend who wants go go camping. I need something that fits the following conditions...

-Not too hard of a hike in. For example to Colchuck Lake would be fine. Up Asgard not fine.

-Must have something to climb close by for me on Sunday. No harder than about 5.4

Do I have any chance of getting a permit for Sahalee Arm?

-Should be fairly scenic since I am trying to get said freind to move out here.

My thoughts are, Mt. Daniel, Basin below S. side of stuart, Something in N cascades??

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ooo..I just got schooled!! Ok..I'd pray for good weather or head east where it's always sunny. Maybe somewhere in the alpine lakes area...(not the enchantments and strict permit areas, but the other less strict areas). Or leavenworth. Leavenworth is always fun. You can climb, shop, mt. bike, hike, kayak, do it all in a day there! Lots of great camping as well.

Al,

Washington Pass: You could camp on the ridge by S Arete of S Early Winters and climb S Arete of S early the next day?

Daniel: doesnt have any technical climbing but the approach to that lake by Catheral is nice, good camping, and Daniel is a nice easy jaunt with great views.

Stuart: You could camp at Ingalls Lake or near it and do S Ridge of Ingalls?

Flapjack or Mildred Lakes in the Olympics, climb something easy on Sawtooth Ridge?

Area around Daniel is gorgeous, but the route is just hiking.

Aren't there some slabby (granite?) peaks across the valley from Daniel, above Tuck and Robin lakes? That approach may be a bit burly though, I've never done it so don't know for sure.

Head in to Spectacle Lake and climb Lemah?

It was nice and bug free in the Goat Rocks area recently, wildflowers out in force. Perhaps something that would let you do Curtis Gilbert?