Stuart N. ridge

Crackalicious

Another Stuart question: Due to the amount of snow we plan to encounter we are planning on Bivying somewheres on the ridge, rather than not planning to and doing it anyway. I noticed a few site options in the Selected Climbs book. Any suggestions for a good bivy site? Word to your mom.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the board! wave.gif

Do you absolutely need to do the route this soon? Can you put it off for a few weeks? If you do wait all the snow will be gone and you can climb the route much faster and not have to carry bivy gear which will only make the climbing that much more enjoyable.

Ask yourself: do I really want to bumble around with pack hauling on the gendarme?

If you have to do it soon and insist on bivying the bivy sites at the cheater notch is very nice. The other ones listed are also adequate (though I’ve never slept at any of them).

When ever you go make sure to post a TR when you get back!

SGC should still be in but with this heat it will be going fast. You can easily climb either of those routes in a day car to car. Another option to consider would be stay in there and do both routes (SGC and IC). Other options in the area to consider would be the north ridge of sherpa (a good warm up for Stuart N ridge) or something on Dragontail or Colchuck. WA pass should also be nice (though its been over a few weeks so I've been there so I don't know how the snow pack is); you can easily link multiple routes in a day there. Finally you might want to consider snagging the west or east (or both) ridge of Forbidden. It will only get more crowded as the year goes on.

PM me if you have specific questions.

Don't force the north ridge of stuie... it stays in as late as Oct! And if you do the IC keep your eyes open for a quark ergo!

SGC should still be in but with this heat it will be going fast. You can easily climb either of those routes in a day car to car.

This is the type of on-line advice I just love. Giving fairly serious advice to someone of unknown abilities about an "easy" day trip you recently did in

total round trip time, 21 hours for me. - (Nolse and partner)

For what it's worth a majority of climbers tend to climb north side routes from a bivi.