Serpentine Arete Q's

AJScott

I am looking to head up to Colchuck lake this Wensday as the weather looks to be clearing up. I realize fresh snow has fallen this week. Has any one got any info on what to expect on this route after snow fall? Should it be avoided? I would imagine all the rock will be wet as the new snow melts out.

thanks bigdrink.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it'd be a good deal more pleasant if you just waited a few weeks and satisfied the climbing itch by doing a snow/ice route now; that said, if you got this week, expect wet and snow on rock - be prepared to have to aid some shit and get a super early start or be prepared to run away if you're taking too long.

Ended up going up to Prusik's W. ridge and had a pretty good time. There is still quite a bit of snow on route, but should be melted out soon with the high temps as of late.

5600prusik.jpg

Then went to work on my dads foundation in Dryden.

5600ridge.jpg

Still looking for climbing partners in the area over there...please pm me if you live around there and have flexible hours for climbing!