Testing holds - which crags?

luwayo

my lack of natural talent would often show on exposed or run out leads in the alpine. so endeavouring to become the best mountain bag that i can be, i am now a year into cragging...and i've learned to like it! it's done me some good...and the relaxed sub-culture has corrupted me at the same time. grin.gif last saturday i climbed at Green River Bastion which offers multi-pitch routes. that mountain crag certainly has an alpine flavour being subject to freeze/thaw. your belayer ought to wear a helmet here!!

can you folks offer a heads-up on where else to be wary?

Edited by luwayo

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pemberton Crag is 2p. of 5.8...the easiest one at the crag.

We scoped out an appealing 5.9 more to the centre (left of Danish Dirt i think), but no way was there enough time.

there was a battered and hacked length of rope one climb over from mine....i shudder to think.

behemuth mosquites in pemby!

ya the 5.9 looks awesome I tried it many years ago and couldnt get my ass started on the first pitch, some weird chimney offwidth thing, have always wanted to go back, I did a few pitches of Marshalls Meander before bailing due to loose rock. I like that area,

nah, uh. i don't boulder. i did say corrupted...but not 100% wink.gif

...sorry, just a prana top poseur, gorgeously rippling with...fat laugh.gif

jmace if you're in the neighbourhood for a revenge climb on the .9 give us a shout. how could one not after the evocative ad grin.gif