Insomnia

snugtop

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. madgo_ron.gif Over the years though I've learned to accept it as is and not get too frustrated about it. Short of sleeping pills every night. What else is there to do? Maybe I should limit it to just one bottle of wine a night instead of two...and several beers. I hear that doesn't make for good, restful REM sleep! bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

some recent theories/studies have linked insomnia to AADD (adult attention deficit disorder). if you think that could be the case, might be good to go to the doc, get the AADD test, and get the meds if appropriate.

I don't have the insomnia, but i do sometimes wonder if i have AADD... been sorta meaning to get the test done. there's probably even some free, simple test available online for it, to see if it's even worth going to the doc for it.... but I can't seem to focus enough to go search for it. tongue.gifcrazy.gif

Actually it was very hard to get this guy to talk about it. All he would say was that typically they would anchor on some canal or river with lights out and stay up all night waiting to shoot at anything that moved. Being to scared to sleep when your body tells you you should be sleeping- that's got to mess with your head.

...typically they would anchor on some canal or river with lights out and stay up all night waiting to shoot at anything that moved.

So that's how they end up wounding themselves and collecting Purple Hearts.

Admittedly, kind of shitty to besmerch any veteran's wounds, but, ...it was just sitting there waiting to get knocked.

blush.gifmoon.gif

...typically they would anchor on some canal or river with lights out and stay up all night waiting to shoot at anything that moved.

So that's how they end up wounding themselves and collecting Purple Hearts.

Admittedly, kind of shitty to besmerch any veteran's wounds, but, ...it was just sitting there waiting to get knocked.

blush.gifmoon.gif

The way he put it was that the US/S. Viet forces didn't move at night at all. If it moved it was VC- blast it.