• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
LYleK

Yak Conditions?

Just wondering if anyone has beta on Yak conditions at present? I seem to remember that it streaks wet 'til the snowcap is gone but if you've got a recent conditions report to post I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

lk

Twas still wet on Feb 27... I was wondering the same thing yesterday. Could see lots of bare rock from Outram looking north, but I believe there was still white on top.

Funny you should ask. Wayne1112 & I went and checked on the Yak yesterday. There was a small amount of water on a couple of the upper pitches of Yak Check, but it was easily avoided. The wind was a bit chilly, but it was balmy as long as you were in the sun. Can we really call that a "winter" ascent?! Pictures to follow soon.

the road to back of beyond buttress is unpassible due to rockslide about 10km? from the mountain according to wayne's boyfriend, artesonraju...so bring a mtn bike.

wayne's boyfriend, artesonraju...

Do I sense some jealousy.? I didnt mean to move in on your "domestic partner"

Thanks for the update, amazing you could get up Yak in early March! It looks like we're back to more seasonal conditions now, so back to cougar we go.

lk

Cougar? the ice in PG?

Cougar Canyon - Vernon, BC. Similar rock to Skaha (though more choss), about 150 - 160 routes plus some v.cool bouldering at the bottom. Worth a look if you're passing through but dunno if I'd roadtrip for it. FireArms and Steepers Creepers are pretty sweet, though.