Larrabee State PArk

seattlechronic

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Parking lot go under the Railroad tracks. Stay to your left and untill the bluff You'll see how to get down..There are 3 or four problems on this face..Anyone know more? The Sandstone is super sticky but real hard on the hands...Lot of tourists but I guess I was one too...

Would love more info on this area..I also will post a few more pics

Eric

Try to find a copy of the Bellingham Rock Guide. It is out of print and probably is the only assistance for the area. The author is now in Arizona. Better places to climb... With all the new bouldering areas/problems and those areas that are becoming overgrown, it would be fun to have and/or make a "new" B'ham rock guide. Just a thought...

that area is called the point and is pretty much the easiest problem to top out on if you start from the big undercling. feels like .9 to me so is that like -V2? the area just to climbers right down in the talus has a fun gymnastic traverse. plenty of stuff farther south along the beach as well as along the tracks.

I would have said that but did want to sound like too much of a dick.

There are much better boulders you just have to do a little exploring.

grin.gif

If you go South on the beach and use your imagination you'll find plenty of good stuff. Also, walk south on the tracks and there's 5 or so spot within the mile south of Larabbee.

boxing_smiley.gif

hey you new to b'ham people, find the "new traverse" in Jason's book or ask around down there. it is a pretty interesting longish problem complete with upside down no hands rests and sketchy ass landings that could knock you out and toss you into the water, hopefully drowning you. not the best place to go by yourself but a good project. i think the whole thing is reated v4 or so. see you down there and if you could bring some eye candy, or brain candy hahaha.gif the beta will flow freely.

bigdrink.gif