New Products Patagonia and Wild Things Gear

fullofadventure

New from Patagonia.

6.5 oz rain jacket and 6oz rain pant for $$$$$

http://www.patagonia.com/za/PDC?OPTION=P...p;promo_cat_id= (pullover)

http://www.patagonia.com/za/PDC?OPTION=PRODUCT&merchant_rn=7385&sku=24134&ws=false (if ya need vents)

http://www.patagonia.com/za/PDC?OPTION=PRODUCT&merchant_rn=7385&sku=83795&ws=false (pants)

Product and site update from Wild Things Gear.

Wild Things Gear updated their site and have a new eVENT jacket, bib, and bivy. The also have changes some of their insulation pieces and have some powershield softshell products now too. New lightweight windshells and other stuff too. Check them out.

http://www.wildthingsgear.com/index.html

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there earlier. What happened to their half bag? I can't find it?? wazzup.gif

Incidentally, I called them the other day asking about their belay jacket. I asked about a napolean pocket and she said that it doesn't have one, but they have some going through production right now and they would install one to my specifications at now charge! Wow! thumbs_up.gif

Don't be so negative cj001f. Anything that will sell is new and good, remember?? Sheesh. tongue.gif

I have their original Spectre pullover, and while it rocks, it's not my everyday jacket. I want those pants, though.

I was more gibbing at the CCS scepticism, welded seams have been around for a bit just not commonly in clothing. I've ordere a pair of the pants, will see what they are like. I really wanted something with full side zips oh well. My only beef with Patagonia lately is their waterproof zippers are stiffer than all get out.

Hell yeah, still skeptic because clothing are subject to so much more flex then any other of the product that sonic welded seams were on till now (i.e. rafts, bags). Also how many time did you put your raft to the laundry?... I just cannot help it but being skeptic to all the new concepts out there, until they proved themselves in the time test. rolleyes.gif

Hell yeah, still skeptic because clothing are subject to so much more flex then any other of the product that sonic welded seams were on till now (i.e. rafts, bags). Also how many time did you put your raft to the laundry?...

Every raft I've seen stays perfectly rigid and never gets wet yelrotflmao.gif

What you want me to tell you, go ahead and buy it and in two years tell me if it works or not. You see I like people like you who can swear by the miracles of GTX packlite, two cams, VIOXX and such. Someone must be the guinea pig for bum like me who doesn’t have spare income like yours. rolleyes.gif

I just got an e-mail back from Patagonia about their H2No wp/b barrier. A lot of people have been saying lately that the H2No is actually Entrant so I asked them and they told me it is not. It is their own proprietary tech. Here is what they said.

H2No is not Entrant or any other "off the shelf" technology that

Patagonia buys and then renames. If we were buying it off the shelf,

Gore, Entrant, eVent, etc. we would use our vendors commercial names, there is simply more equity in Gore than H2No. So, H2No is our own proprietary technology.

I hope this helps fix the confusion around the H2No barrier Patagonia uses.

• 8 months later...