OlegV

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's pretty much all climbable. In a hard freeze year some of the narrow ribbon lines on the south wall up higher and a ways back off 84 between Cascade Locks and Hood River look to run around a 1000' tall. These tend to stick around for an extended period once they set up given the lack of sun. Never been up to any of them, but I had a split living arrangement for years between a [play] house in HR and a [work] apartment in NW and did the drive about a million times over six years. The Crown Point line gets most of the action from what I've typically seen.

I drove from Portland to Enterprise and back over the last few days and it was warm in the Gorge last night around 8pm with temps in Hood River in the 40s. The ice will not come in solid without at least a week of beloe freezing temps. Put out a water bucket in your back yard and monitor the ice from there. When there are several inches of ice in the bucket, head out to the Gorge. Ice in the Wallowas however is a whole different ballgame (TR to follow when I download images).