Looking for a climbing partner for winter

climbandride

My climbing partner left for a few months and I'm looking for someone to meet up with this winter and into the spring. I'm a chick (I was told to add that) who has been climbing for just under a year, consistently climbing high 10's, with some low 11's and occassionally, some upper 11's. I can lead sport without any problems and just started trad this past summer, so I'm not as strong there, but it's coming. I'm currently in Bremerton, have a membership to VW, am off work by 2:30 daily, weekends free (except for skiing/snowboarding and occassionally horse shows) and just back training 4-5 days a week after a couple months off. I have access to a complete rack--trad and sport, so if anyone wants to climb in or out, let me know.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Training is for those who like to suffer and have no fun, climbing all the time is for those who like to suffer more and have fun doing it. So before you waste another 17 years of your life, just like I did, tryin to balance teaching and climbing with another ten hobbies of yours, say no to everyhing, get your ice tools and move to Canmore smile.gif

You will never look back!

Well, maybe on a Friday night, when you have a flue and nothing better to do than browse cc.com

We will not hold the fact that you call yourself a "chick" against you cool.gif

I'm trying to screw everything and just climb, since I seem to be decent at it. I have a lot of upper body strength and long arms and legs, which seems to occasionally work against me, but I'm now starting to lap 11's at the gym and climbing 6 days a week for 2-4 hours a night is heaven for me! Maybe I should get rid of my climbing partner/boyfriend more often? ooo.gif

On the funny note, "no boyfriend" will definintely help climbing smile.gif but so does "no girlfriend" for guys smile.gif

As far as climbing 6 times 2-4 hours a night on plastic is concerned, not that I do it, not that I could do it, not that I would want to do it, but your tendons must be very strong if you are going to get away without any permanent injury.

When I started climbing sport I wwas cranking 12's in three months, it lasted for 3 years, with occasional 13. But that was it. Injury. My right elbow still feels it when I overdoit. My schedulle was mostly climb 2-3 days/week on Medetiranean coast plus two evening sessions bouldering on south facing building walls - bridges.

Now I am happy with a few trad 12's a year, a lot of alpine stuff, and of course a lot of ice, so a variety does best for your "cross" training...

Enjoy your weekends, I am still paying the dues to the bugs...

Oh, I have many hobbies... I still run or cycle 5 days a week, still have my horse that I teach on and compete on the A circuit with, not to mention that I try to get on the mountain on skis or my board every weekend, play soccer on Wednesday nights and then I coach track in the spring... I definately have not given anything up to climb. I tend to do so many things decently that I wonder how good I could be at one thing if I just focused on it. Hmmmm... what a thought to ponder.:)

I just want someone/some people to climb with whenever. Either inside or out--as the weather gets progressively nicer. I'm down with trad or sport, even bouldering, although I haven't had the opportunity to try bouldering outside. I can lead a solid 10 sport, and trad uh, about a 9, but I'm willing to climb with anyone that is "safe" and willing to try anything--rating wise. You never know what is possible, unless you try!

I'm a PE teacher for K-7 and a TA for 1st and 2nd grades. Unfortunately, it's not what I'd like to be doing for a living and sorry, no drugs. Coffee on occassion, but if anything, I should be taking something to mellow me out, since I get minimal amounts of sleep at night. Oh well.:)