Osprey Switch 55+5 pack

mycoatl

Anyone out there have experience with this pack? I've checked out the Switch 40+5--seems like a well-conceived winter pack that holds a load solidly, but a little on the small side for a 2-3 day tour. I haven't been able to check out the 55+5 in person to see if it is as comfortable. Any input on this or similar ski touring/mountaineering pack is much appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Eclipse 42+5.

It has a really comfortable suspension system and the load ride is very stable. The hydaration pack easily pops out and doubles as an easily adjustable shoulder strap set-up.

My guess is that the Switch and Eclipse have virtually the same load carrying properties.

I have one and dig it. I was sort of surprised how much I've been utilizing the modularity of it. The pocket makes a small little pack that is actually just big enough to be useful. Can carry skins, shovel probe, a small amount of clothes/food. If you need more clothes, you can use the straps.

I don't pack small enough for a 2-3 day tour to fit into it for that use, but I can see how someone could. I do find the suspension comfortable.