The Dead Vote

Dru

The people who cast their votes on election day (or mail their absentee ballots on that day) have up to date information with which to make their decision. In this case, I don't think any new information has been revealed, but it does sometimes happen.

1. how is this any different than someone who casts their ballot at 8pm?

2. aren't they going to wait until the last polls close (hawaii) before revealing presidential election updates? i vaguely remember something like that from the '02 debacle.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rolleyes.gif quite whining. Just because you forgot to sign up for it and have to get your ass down to the poling station and stand in line in the rain, while Scott and I are sitting warm and dry.... pitty.gif
The reason I don't like absentee voting is that it makes the election a strung out affair. The people who cast their votes on election day (or mail their absentee ballots on that day) have up to date information with which to make their decision. In this case, I don't think any new information has been revealed, but it does sometimes happen.

Nice backpedal: A combination of cheap logic and unveiled pining for instant gratification.

How is it backpedalling? I said what I don't like and then I explained the reason why. The other thing I don't like about absentee ballots has already been voiced: they represent a great opportunity for fraud to occur.

Another thing I don't like about them is that conservatives are very fond of them. the_finger.gifThey can sit in front of Fox News on the TV and have Bill O'Reilly guide them through the voting process, so they don't have to actually think for themselves.

I for one feel much safer for not being stalked by the likes of trask and GregW although there was no one funnier than Caveman - R.I.P.

I must've missed the stalking behavior...trask is certainly profane and he doesn't understand that in that department, 'less is more' could work for him. But he does understand that it takes opposing views to have fun, as he has so eloquently stated over at that 'other' site:

The only problem I see with this site is if you don't have some libs and do-gooders to kick around it could get boring here in the battle cage. We can only call each other sheep shaggers so many times. We need some cocksmokers like sexchoco and jb to thrash. Somebody should go over to cc.com and tell em trask says he's fucked all their wives and daughters.

Now I know some of you cracked a smile reading that. hahaha.gif

How is it backpedalling? I said what I don't like and then I explained the reason why. (snip)

"I think that absentee voting sucks. It ought to be outlawed. You either get your fat ass to the polls or you don't vote."

"The reason I don't like absentee voting is that it makes the election a strung out affair. The people who cast their votes on election day (or mail their absentee ballots on that day) have up to date information with which to make their decision. In this case, I don't think any new information has been revealed, but it does sometimes happen."

If you say so...

How is it backpedalling? I said what I don't like and then I explained the reason why. (snip)

"I think that absentee voting sucks. It ought to be outlawed. You either get your fat ass to the polls or you don't vote."

"The reason I don't like absentee voting is that it makes the election a strung out affair. The people who cast their votes on election day (or mail their absentee ballots on that day) have up to date information with which to make their decision. In this case, I don't think any new information has been revealed, but it does sometimes happen."

If you say so...

So your definition of "backpedalling" is resorting to reason after starting with a hyperbolic statement. Okay, whatever.

If you say so...

So your definition of "backpedalling" is resorting to reason after starting with a hyperbolic statement. Okay, whatever.

If the statements are separated by six other posts, four of which are pointedly abusing your hyperbole, yes.

I was just making an observation.

It's no big deal and certainly nothing to get hung about.