Mt. Erie on Sunday

SnowByrd

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats awesome! Thank You guys for doing this! As I become a better climber, I will start to give back as well. Right now, I have to limit myself to trail repair with the WTA....but it still helps.

OK...here's hte dealio for anybody who I didn't get back to...

We're meeting at the Bottom parking lot at Erie at 10:00 and we can carpool up.

Not sure where we're climbing yet...I've never been there.

Dallas Kloke and compatriots have put up at least 15 new routes on the snag buttress/main wall area, most of which range from 5.8-10B. Highly recommended alternative to the overcrowded upper walls, and easier than most of the climbs on the Orange Wall (which is in itself an excellent objective).

Do Zig Zag on Snag Buttress. It's a classic 5.6 5.7 multi pitch. Good introduction. Best reached from the bottom.

cool.gif

We'll buy a guide book. I think I'd like to do Zig Zag for starters (its trad innit?) and maybe some others on Snag Buttress and then head back up to Powerline around 1ish to meet the Pt. Townsend gang. If we like Snag, we can hope for cell phone coverage and call em. I'm not a strong climber, I can follow up to 5.9, depending on the moves, so my opinion doesn't count as much as the majority. I'm happy doing some easier stuff and being a belay slave/gaper as well. Its all fun.

See you in the LOWER parking lot at 10:00. I drive a black forester.

HW and Alex, you have my number if you decide to join us. As do you, Rodeo!

See you there!